MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #1
warrior
Custom Torch Works and Welding

Default 69 Headlight problems

I have a 69 coupe that I am redoing and I just got to the headlights. First problem was there was no wires going to the inside headlight on the passenger side. There was wires going to the one on the drivers side, so I unpluged it and ran jumper wires over to the pass. side light. I turned on the lights and the inside lights did not work at all. I had to replaced the dimmer switch and when I got it in, I hit it and the outside lights dimmed and the pass. outside light blew. Its like it is only a two headlight setup. I know this is not normal. I bought new lights for all four and I am going to try that. I dont know if someone put duel element lights in the outside and that would make the system think it only had two lights or what. Any help would be great. I am about ready to put tags on it and the lights are really the only thing I have left to get working right. Someone had got to know this wiring better than I do.
Thanks for the help
Warrior