Thread: Disk brakes
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2002, 01:46 AM   #9
Danos
Registered Member

I used a power booster and master cylinder from a early '80's T-bird since the GVMs in the local bone yards had already been stripped of the booster and MC. I've told that the GVM booster and MC will bolt right up. I had to modify my fire wall slightly to make the booster work. I just had to drill 2 holes. One other thing to mention is that not all of the push rods that connect the brake pedal to the booster will accept the brake light switch so study your original and try to find one that's nearly identical. Also, if you do go power, you'll notice that the original non-power brake pedal rests @ 1 to 1 1/2 inches higher than before. The only way I know of to get around this is to get a pedal from Mustang or Falcon originally equipt with P/B. Many of the Mustang parts suppliers out there sell a repro pedal just for these conversions. I just got accustomed to the pedal height. I didn't want to lay out the money when I'm planning to change over from an Auto to T 5 and need to change my pedals anyway. After having said all that, if you have the money, the easiest way is to go with a factory repro booster and MC, but you'll still have to deal with the pedal. Good luck. If I can be anymore help, just let me know.
Danos is offline   Reply With Quote