MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2001, 05:54 PM   #1
E. Nix
Registered Member

Default 70 Mach brake booster

I replaced the brake booster in a 70 Mach 1 I recently bought. When removing the old booster, I discovered that the connecting rod from the brake pedal into the booster had been ground down on the booster end so that it did not fit into the coupling in the booster and was "free floating" on that end. After completing the installation, the rod that attaches to the brake pedal is about 3/4 of an inch above the connecting point. If I force it down to the point of attachment, it is in too much of a bind to work. I am using the replacement pedal assembly used when converting brakes. The old pedal would bolt-up, but would be about 1 inch from the floor. I understand there may have been a couple of types of boosters used. There was a bendix on the car when I bought it and I replaced it with a bendix. Was there another type? Any other suggestions?
E. Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 09:41 AM   #2
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

There is two different types of boosters Bendix & Midland, but they should not make a difference. One thing I have noticed is the push rod is different on some. If you have a National Parts Catalog look at page 40, it shows a rod with the end curved down. This might help the installation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: