MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-28-2000, 04:47 PM   #1
tmc87
Registered Member

Post 4 wheel disk

I am going to be adding rear disks to my 67 fast back. I have already done the fronts. is any one interested? should I keep the list updated?
tmc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2000, 06:19 PM   #2
red
Registered Member

Talking

I will be converting my '65 fastback in a few years. Right now it has drums all round. Are you using a kit (stainless steel brakes company or another brand)? Let me know how it turns out and if the improvement is worth the $$!

-JON
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2000, 08:12 PM   #3
66fastback
Registered Member

I'm with Red, let's try to keep up on this one. Even though mine is a GT and came with disc brakes....they were in such bad shape that I swapped on a set of Granada disc in the front, and some larger drums in the back. Car stops pretty good, but I know it can do better.

Biggest mistake I made was putting on a small bore master cylinder to keep the pedal effort down. Disc brakes need a lot of fluid movement to operate....so even though I got my easy push, I also got a LOT of pedal travel, and an almost spongy feel to it.

So any good disc brake information can be valuable to all of us....not just those who are thinking of four wheel setups. Keep us posted. Doc.

------------------
66 GT Fastback 5.0, 5-speed, cable clutch, JBA's, 3.40 gears, EFI coming soon?

66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2000, 04:38 PM   #4
tmc87
Registered Member

I dont usually use someone else kit. I just get the parts I need from other things and make what ever else I need. It cheaper that way. I am using the disks, calipers, caliper brackets and p-valve from an 84 lsc. everything is going good so far.
How did the granada swap go. Did you use the spindles or just the brake parts. Are the ball joints the same. I am use
tmc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2000, 05:10 PM   #5
66fastback
Registered Member

Granada brakes are an easy swap. I went ahead and used the spindles too, but I've heard that you don't HAVE to. They fit the ball joints perfectly, and you have to use the Granada outer tie rod ends. Extend the brake lines forward on the car a bit and presto....you find out the original wheel centers aren't large enough to fit over the hubs. You must have later model wheels or aftermarkets.
66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote