MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-04-2000, 03:11 AM   #1
Rata Man
Registered Member

Question 76' Mustang???

I posted this in Late Model Tech but i don't think it went threw?? Well there is a 76'Mustang i looked at today but was first told it was a 79' but it is a 76' Cobra 2. The guy has a .351 in it and wants $2000 for it! Good huh??? Well i rode in it at first and it acted like it wanted to lift the front tires off the ground! Then we make a dead stop and all of a sudden he LIGHT'S them bastards up boy's fukin smoke rolling like Vietnam man! Then we we pulled up at his house you could still see the cloud of smoke lingering in the street and the smoke was literaly coming up from under the car and under the hood where he lit them up! Then i drove it but did'nt do anything like that, looked at the engine and everything looked good and everything was Edelbrock but when you turn the sterring wheel as sharp as it will go, the front tires are to big and they rub! That is all i could see that was something to immediatly fix if i buy it! He said it would be best to put some Low Profiles on the front to stop that and then go with some good shocks! Is this a deal or what?? He just put that engine in it this summer when he first got the car and said it had a little over 800 miles on it when he got it! It does'nt have tags on it where he just drives it up and down his street and you can see his work on the roads if you know what i mean?hehe He acted like he did'nt care to sell it or not? Kinda like a (If i sell it i sell it, if i don't i don't)
He calls it his toy which is what it really is i guess! But what do you guy's think?? Good deal?? He said she is pushing over 300HP what do you think it is pushing?? Appreciate what you guy's think???

------------------
5.0 Mustangs #1
Rata Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2000, 09:24 PM   #2
69'STANG
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Sounds pretty sweet to me. If you are going to go with a restoration I would check for any rust. But just as a hot-rod, I am all for it.

Good luck!!
69'STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2000, 11:04 AM   #3
Scooter
Registered Member

Thumbs up

That sounds like an excellent deal. I've got a 74 StangII with a 351W and it goes like a raped ape, and I've got about $7000 into it. Still needs a paint job, too.

------------------
74 Mustang II
351W 9" Rear 4.11's

70 Camaro RS
9" rear, mini spool 4.56
406 SB M20 trans

Driveline Technician

Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2000, 12:46 AM   #4
muncie
Registered Member

sounds can be realistically decieving.. but then again... who cares bout reality?..

long as ya dont plan on usin it as a dailey driver.. take a chance!.
muncie is offline   Reply With Quote