MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default 94 cobra seat install!

Yup, not sure if any of you noticed my other thread about finding these seats in the Lounge, but I just got the passenger side installed and am pumped! It worked out amazingly well, the only thing wrong is it sits a little high, so im going to lower the pedestal. (sheetmetal under the seat) Anyway, it looks good and feels alot better than the old seat. Im still not sure what i'll do with the drivers seat yet, since its power and the rails are quite a bit different. If anybody wants to know more just let me know! (oh yeah, and I will be taking the headrests out, as soon as i figure out how...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0028.JPG (316.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0004.JPG (313.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0003.JPG (309.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: 94 cobra seat install!

Well I ripped out the carpet to lower the pedestal, which revealed some ugliness from the previous owner, and rust. So now I will be ordering new floorpans this week...ugh. (The big hole is what was under that ghetto sheet metal "thing")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0010.JPG (315.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0011.JPG (313.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0012.JPG (312.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1514.jpg (658.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Gearhead999
Registered Member

Does you cowl leak??

With all the rust on both front floor boards, I'd check pretty close.

Dave
1968 Cougar
2004 Thunderbird
2007 F150 Harley-Davidson, SuperCrew
1986 LTD
1997 Ranger
1992 Honda Civic
Gearhead999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
bmxmon
Registered Member

Yeah, im pretty sure it does. Not sure if im going to do something about the cowl now or wait until I paint it. Im going to coat the floor pretty heavy with some paint from my parents shop, they have some really heavy duty crap. (cant remember what its called off the top of my head...) Where does the cowl enter the interior? I'll have to dig around more. I've thought about blocking off the cowl vents when I do paint it, mostly since it would look better (smooth) but I would imagine that would help me out with the water too. Any suggestions on this would rock, thanks guys.
I just found a pretty good article from mustang monthly which shows cowl repair/replacement. I dont think I'll be able to do this until I start stripping my car for paint. Should be only a year or two so it shouldnt be too bad.

Last edited by bmxmon; 04-29-2007 at 11:35 AM..
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
rwhite65
Ride Hard

What kind of modifications are you having to do to the car to get those seats to fit in there?

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #6
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

Do you know how to fix the cowl because I know mine leaks because I found out the hard way. I took the car wash and I found all my leaks (front and rear windows, side windows-all,cowl,heating tubes,doors,trunk) and there is nothing like getting sprayed in the face by a high pressure spray and swimming in the floor boards and punching a drain hole in the trunk to drain it. I'm sure the gas station had problems with the vaccuum later I made it into a wet/dry vac sucking the water from the interior.hehehe

06 Saleen S281SC Convertible 6spd
04 Freestar(wife)
66 mustang w/orig. Carroll Shelby racing 7 spoke 14X7's aluminum
02 pontiac sunfire 2.2 ecotec(great gas mileage) still GM junk
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
bmxmon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite65 View Post
What kind of modifications are you having to do to the car to get those seats to fit in there?
Nothing too hard at all actually. (nothing to the car itself if you didnt want too)<-edit I lucked out and the rails are equal distance apart, old vs new. Here is a link to a write up I did: http://www.cmbracing.com:5599/late&#37;2...20install.html I still have yet to buy another manual frame rail to install the other one, plus I still need to lower the pedestals for a better ride height. (they sit just slightly too high for my tastes.) I was going to do that last weekend, then ran into my floor problem and decided to deal with that first. Not sure if I will be able to get around to it this weekend either, helping some friends move.
(added a pic of one of the seats with the headrest off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger66 View Post
Do you know how to fix the cowl because I know mine leaks because I found out the hard way. I took the car wash and I found all my leaks (front and rear windows, side windows-all,cowl,heating tubes,doors,trunk) and there is nothing like getting sprayed in the face by a high pressure spray and swimming in the floor boards and punching a drain hole in the trunk to drain it. I'm sure the gas station had problems with the vaccuum later I made it into a wet/dry vac sucking the water from the interior.hehehe
I've personally never done it, but I believe i will be in the future! Here is the good site I was talking about: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/75438/ Sounds like you may have it worse than mine. (cant top my buick though) Air and water leaks are the worst part about classic cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0014.JPG (304.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by bmxmon; 05-02-2007 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: added info
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #8
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

That cowl repair looks like a pain in the ass for someone that has never done it before. I think I might someone else do this for me. I dont do bodywork that great.

That floor pan looks like fun for you to do. Loved the patch job previous owner did. looks like it used to be a sign.lol

06 Saleen S281SC Convertible 6spd
04 Freestar(wife)
66 mustang w/orig. Carroll Shelby racing 7 spoke 14X7's aluminum
02 pontiac sunfire 2.2 ecotec(great gas mileage) still GM junk
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:11 AM   #9
bmxmon
Registered Member

Figured I'd give you guys an update, its been awhile... I have both the drivers and passengers side replaced, though both still need more welding. (Passengers side only has several tack welds) Definately took longer than I expected, though I havent really put that much time into it, just finding that time lately has been pretty tough. After I get all the welding done I'll grind it all smooth, put a healthy dose of epoxy on it, then some new sound deadener and put it back together!! On a side note I also have pretty much all the parts to get my t5 in finally, so once the floors are done that will be next, along with my electric fan. I actually have a decent paying job now, so its been nice to be able to order new parts.
_______
Also, does anybody know a good way to recondition black leather seats, the grey stress marks make them look pretty bad to me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1591.JPG (49.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1594.JPG (49.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1597.JPG (43.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by bmxmon; 06-20-2007 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: Added the last part