MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default About to take the 65 to a paint shop

I have found a paint shop that will take my 65 in, finish up the minimal body work and paint it for me. It will be painted Rangoon Red. I have a few things to finish on the interior first then we are going to trailer it over there. It is about 90% complete, with new quarters and the best parts from 2 cars I have had.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #2
Phillyfanfrombirth
Registered Member

Default Re: About to take the 65 to a paint shop

Damn, those Cragars never get old...
Phillyfanfrombirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

They are the best part of the whole car right now, they were 2 months old when I started the body work 3 years ago, but I keep them cleaned, polished and armoralled. People laugh at me, but I don't care

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Old 08-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

lookin good
Old 08-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
Stangette
Registered Member

Wink Re: About to take the 65 to a paint shop

Cragers look good! - and so does the Stang !!
07 Ford Shelby GT500 White w/ Shelby Blue LeMans #37
Stangette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #6
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Rolled the Stang up on a SCARY-A$$ trailer and tied her down and hauled her to the shop tonight.

We finished stripping the 4 coats of paint off the dash and door panels with a wire wheel on the drill and painted the dash, door panels and roof pillars in the past couple of weeks.

We took out the seats, and they are presently being torn apart and NEW Red & White PONY upholstery is being put back on, they are on my pool table with a big bedspread over it to keep from messing up the pool table.

The shop is a small 4 stall shop, the owner is a Mustang fanatic. I pulled into the shop with an 05 getting a new front fender and bumper, the shop owner's 67 Coupe Race Car, and a 69 Coupe he bought for $100 and is fixing up to sell. Outside are 4 Fox bodies and a 02 GT he wrecked and a Custom yellow Lightening. I think I felt good knowing the old 65 is in a Mustang garage!

He has agreed to let us come out on weekends and at night and help work on it, my son wants to learn bodywork, although I got little help from him when it was sitting in my garage. He did get into stripping the interior and liked it.

Rangoon red in the near future

Old 09-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #7
hocbry30
Registered Member

Your car looks great!! I can only imagine the long hours you have in it. Now I dont feel so bad that I have had mine for 3 months and barely scratched the surface. I guess 3 years later will be in my future too.

Those are the wheels I have to have they are awesome looking on the Stangs.

Great job again!!

-Bryan
hocbry30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Thanks man!

I spent the afternoon out there, I busied myself grinding some bad welds (mine) in the trunk on the wheelwell while Paul finished a weld that would have taken 2 weeks in my garage. Progress already. I am going to hang around and learn stuff, and keep my hands in it the rest of the way through.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: