View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #6
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: About to take the 65 to a paint shop

Rolled the Stang up on a SCARY-A$$ trailer and tied her down and hauled her to the shop tonight.

We finished stripping the 4 coats of paint off the dash and door panels with a wire wheel on the drill and painted the dash, door panels and roof pillars in the past couple of weeks.

We took out the seats, and they are presently being torn apart and NEW Red & White PONY upholstery is being put back on, they are on my pool table with a big bedspread over it to keep from messing up the pool table.

The shop is a small 4 stall shop, the owner is a Mustang fanatic. I pulled into the shop with an 05 getting a new front fender and bumper, the shop owner's 67 Coupe Race Car, and a 69 Coupe he bought for $100 and is fixing up to sell. Outside are 4 Fox bodies and a 02 GT he wrecked and a Custom yellow Lightening. I think I felt good knowing the old 65 is in a Mustang garage!

He has agreed to let us come out on weekends and at night and help work on it, my son wants to learn bodywork, although I got little help from him when it was sitting in my garage. He did get into stripping the interior and liked it.

Rangoon red in the near future

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote