MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2002, 01:40 AM   #1
66StangGuy
Registered Member

Default Air\Fuel gauge? good or bad?

I was thining about getting the autometer air fuel ratio gauge. I have heard that these were good and bad. any one have one of these in there stang? I want it so i can see if i need to adjust my jetting\ timing\ and basically and carb adjustments. the gauge is about $60. any questions or comments welcome. Thanks guys. please try to repost asap i want to buy it this weekend because i just got paid today and its already burning a hole in my pocket. :0)
Old 10-18-2002, 11:09 AM   #2
one
Registered Member

Don't think you really need one on your car. They are more for guys that are running boost and it could cause a real problem if they lean out. I know that you want to tune the car but you can read the spark plugs, and use your e.ts to tell you if you are tuning right. One day at the track is less then the gauge and don't forget you need o2 sensor so that is more money, then you have to have it installed so that is more money too. Just no need for all of that until you put some boost on your car like you wanted to do in an earlier post. Could also play with the spark plugs as far as gap, and range go, timing, then jetting. All of which together will cost less then the gauge and everything you need to make it work right.

One
one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: