MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
66StangGuy
Registered Member

Default alighnment off again..whats up?

recently had my alighnment set at work from specs that i got from you guys. everything went great. alighnment was perfect. then yesterday i noticed my car pulling to the right. my alighnment is off again.. whats up with this. what could cause my alighnment to go off? its only one wheel . the drivers wheels is way off. i know i didnt hit anything on the road or the curb. could this be caused by taking hard turns. or launching? i dont know how much power i have but i do lift the front pretty hard. if not this what could cause this to happen? im going to clean my tie rod ends up and re set my alighnment and see if it happens again.. alything else i can do? im thinking of putting white paint to mark where my tie rod ends are at so i can see if something is bending or if my alighnment is off becuase im hitting the wheel on something or pushing it too hard or something like that. whats going on here? anyone had this problem before.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
Kisner
Registered Member

Had the same problem about a month ago with my 68 coupe. Had the front end aligned and when I drove it home (about 5 miles) I noticed the front passenger-side wheel was way off. Took it back to GoodYear and, what they told me was, they didn't have everything tight enough. According to what their technician told me the Ford design on the earlier Mustangs was flawed to begin with and if you don't get everything "extremely" tight the alignment won't hold. All my front-end parts are new so it wasn't due to worn or bad parts. Don't know if what he told me was true or not, but after they re-aligned it and re-tightened everything "extremely" tight I haven't had a problem since (yet).
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 10:08 AM   #3
thunderbolt
Registered Member

I have had the eccentric on the lower A-arm slip and screw the allignment up. I wound up marking them to see if they were slipping and it has happend a couple of times since.
thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: