MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
zach0
Registered Member

Default Alternator Question

Do they make an alternator with an internal regulator that will fit a 289 from a 66' Stang. I wasn't sure if some of the later years would fit it or not.
1980 RX7 with 289 Ford V-8 bored .030 over, Very radical cam, Torker 2 high rise intake, Holley 650 Carb, MSD Nascar 6ALN ignition, MSD coil and distributor, Headers with dual open side exhaust. Over 300 horse.

1966 Mustang still in progress
zach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
zach0
Registered Member

Default Re: Alternator Question

Does anyone possibly know which years they started to go to internal regulators. My problem is that I have my 289 in my 80' Rx7 and the idiot light wire controls the tach and the alternator warning light so the one wire is a neg. and pos. line. It looks like I have everything on the alternator itself hooked up right to the ford voltage regulator. Should the voltage reg. idiot light line throw a neg an pos signal depending the alternator signal. A pic. of someones alt. would be great to.
1980 RX7 with 289 Ford V-8 bored .030 over, Very radical cam, Torker 2 high rise intake, Holley 650 Carb, MSD Nascar 6ALN ignition, MSD coil and distributor, Headers with dual open side exhaust. Over 300 horse.

1966 Mustang still in progress
zach0 is offline   Reply With Quote