MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2003, 08:57 AM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Default Anyone done this? /anyone interested

I dont know if anyone else out there has tried this, but I am tossing around the idea of cleaning up my cars trunk areas look (ie carpeting, adding some hidden tool kits[a'la '03 snake?] etc.
If anyones done this, any ideas would be appreciated, if not and folks are interested, I'd be happy to document the process and do a writeup for my fellow Stang fiends.

Any thoughts?
J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
whiteblue302
Registered Member

I claned mine up when I installed the system. Amazing what some carpet will do for looks. Sure the 2 12s have something to do with the "awes" i get, but I think the carpeting is what really makes it look new and clean. I store tools in the compartment on the left, which opens up.

Before
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...09_28_full.jpg

After
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...09_21_full.jpg

The kind of odd contours of the 66 trunk would be pretty tricky to carpet...you might want to try and fabricate pieces of plywood or steel to go over the bumpy gas tank and the gaps behind the wheel wells.
Good luck!
whiteblue302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

That looks really nice, very clean. I am going to be doing something similar, I was already planning to use inserts (light sheet metal or possibly sheet plastic) to take care of the angles/contours. The only major difference is that I think I may have the sides set up where the trunk drops into the fenders, and use the resulting hollow spot to store the tools/jack. I want to try to make the tool kit a kinda "fold out" design, with it secured against ratteling when stowed.
When you did the carpet, did you glue it, or use velcro/screws etc?

Thanks,
J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:43 PM   #4
whiteblue302
Registered Member

I used glue for the carpet, but the real trick was havin a friend who had done it a couple times help me. Corners would have been a PITA if he didn't know what he was doing.
302- C4. Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap intake (p/p), RPM hydr cam 224/234 duration .496/.520 lift, 600cfm carb, full 2.5 dual exhaust, Hooker comp headers, full MSD ignition, port/polished stock heads, full alpine system and stock cooling =\
whiteblue302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: