MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
Kisner
Registered Member

Default Anyone Lose Their Stang During Katrina?

Hello folks. Finally got my Internet back after the disaster here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I live about 5 miles from the beach and if the storm surge was 28 feet, my house must be 29 feet above sea level since I was totally surrounded by water and had 1 foot to spare on all sides. Luckily we all survived with moderate roof damage, numerous downed trees, and a privacy fence probably somewhere in Nebraska by now. (Yep, we were idiots to stay). All my friends survived but lots of classic cars are gone, including several of my Mustang Club members Mustangs. I hope if any of you live on the coast or New Orleans, you and your family made it through O.K. My 68 made it without a scratch, but looks like it'll be a few years before I ever attend a cruise-in, car show, or our huge "Cruisin-the-Coast" event we've had for the past 10 years. But, if you could only see in person the destruction, guess that's all immaterial right now. Glad to be alive and back on line with all u guys. And yes, next time it rains, I'm evacuating!!!!!
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
red
Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone Lose Their Stang During Katrina?

Glad you made it thru ok!
red is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: