MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-18-2002, 05:57 PM   #1
BoLasquis
Registered Member

Default Authentic Tachs

I've been a Falcon guy for a long time and this is my first Mustang. I'd like to add a tachometer and if it was a factory option in 1966 (I'm guessing it was) then I'd like to use something original. If I were restoring a 1964 Falcon Sprint, for example, I'd get a reproduction of the Sprint factory tach and column mount from Dearborn Classics: http://www.dearbornclassics.com/cgi-...ds=tachometer.

I just don't know where to go to find out what was available on Mustang in 1966 and where to get one. I've checked a half-dozen classic Mustang parts places and I haven't seen anything like what I've seen on Falcons. Makes me wonder if all the Mustang tachs came installed inside the dash.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Bo.
BoLasquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 06:11 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Rally pack

The tachs originally for '66 Mustangs were the "Rally Pack". I was sort of a double pod that attatched to the steering column. It included an 8000 RPM tach and a clock. Not sure, but I think the tach may have been mechanical. I believe that Dallas Mustang has repros of the pod and the tach. It's going to be expensive though. My feeling is that unless your building a concourse correct show car, there are better tachs available after market and for less $$$.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote