MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-12-2000, 11:14 AM   #1
Ava66
Registered Member

Question Back-up lights

Hi All,

Question regarding back-up lights possibly causing a short on my '66. History: one back-up light burnt out. Upon removal and replacement, I noticed socket was terribly corroded & tried to clean it. New back-up light did not work. When I put car into reverse, radio stopped working (turns out that a fuse blew).
So my questions are, How can I most directly fix the problem? Should I replace the entire socket? Should I replace the socket on the other side at the same time considering it is probably corroded as well?

thanks
Ava66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2000, 10:16 AM   #2
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

First of all are you sure this socket is blowing the fuse? Take a look at the other side as well. If you're sure this is the side disconnect it and see if the fuse blows in reverse. I'm sure the easiest way to fix this will be replacing the whole light but defintely the most expensive. Parts for these are hard to find and you will have to be used.

------------------
69 351W Sportsroof deluxe
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2000, 11:53 AM   #3
driggins
Registered Member

Cool

I would replace both backup lights. You can get these at www.mustang-ult.com "mustang unlimited". Also the radio should not have gone out. So check your wires and make sure you did not cross wire the light. Check your wire diagram to make sure.

------------------
66' coupe
driggins is offline   Reply With Quote