MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-2000, 03:23 PM   #1
King Snake
Registered Member

Post Flowmaster Pipe Diameter

I am thinking of purchasing a Flowmaster cat-back system but I am concerned about the diameter of the tail pipes. The exhaust on my Cobra is 2.25" but the stainless tails are much larger. Does the Flowmaster system have large tails, or are they 2.5" all the way? I know this does not effect performance, but the large tail pipes sure do look good. Have you ever noticed the difference between the GTs and the Cobras???

Thanks in advance for the feedback...

------------------
'97 Cobra, K&N, Rio Red
3.73s

[This message has been edited by King Snake (edited 09-04-2000).]
King Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 09:41 AM   #2
cravnpup
Registered Member

Get a Magnaflow. Same price as the flowmaster, better sound, more flow, 3.5" stainless tips. I'm putting mine on today, and I'll let you know how it goes later tonight. All I know is that it looks like a pretty BADA$$ system...

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N, Mobile 1
ET: 14.6@99.8 (Bogged)
Upcoming Mods: BBK Longtubes, BBK H-pipe w/cats, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, and much much more
cravnpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 09:51 AM   #3
King Snake
Registered Member

Yes, let me know how is works out. I have heard that the Magnaflow system is very quiet. Are they chambered mufflers or straight-thru design?

[This message has been edited by King Snake (edited 09-05-2000).]
King Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 01:30 PM   #4
cravnpup
Registered Member

Yeah, that's what I heard too, so I got the MagnaPack system (made by Magnaflow), which is geared for a more aggressive sound. It's a strait through design, with 4" round mufflers and 3.5" polished stainless tips. I'm outa here in 2.5 hours, and I can't wait to get it put on. I'll let you know...

PS: It cost me $389 including shipping from Houston Performance, and arrived two days after the order..

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N, Mobile 1
Upcoming Mods: BBK Longtubes, BBK H-pipe w/cats, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, and much much more
Old 09-05-2000, 05:29 PM   #5
cravnpup
Registered Member

HOLY SH*T!!!! Damn, it's got to be one of the most BADA$$ sounding exhaust systems out there. The thing absolutely roars... I mean it's loud, not too loud, but loud. It feels like I'm rolling out of the Pits at LimeRock Raceway in my Saleen Racecar. Once I get my Tri-Ax installed I'll take it to the track for a couple runs to see if I got a boost in power. I tell you one thing though, even if I don't show any improvement, I don't care, it just sounds soooo cool....
Just remember if you get one, it's the MagnaPack not the MagnaFlow. Call Houston Performance, and they'll set you strait...

Good Luck

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N, Mobile 1, MagnaPack Cat-Back, Steeda Tri-Ax
Upcoming Mods: BBK Longtubes, BBK H-pipe w/cats, and much much more