View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 12:11 PM   #5
Just me
Registered Member

Here is my super delayed response to your delayed response. LoL sorry, I never fixed my problem. I took apart the top half of my engine and cleaned everything. I looked for any cracks and leaks but everything checked out ok. I also checked plug connections and washed whatever I could examining everything along the way. This problem has plagued me for the past 4 years during every summer. My girlfriend mentioned that it could be humidity in my gas tank or water getting in my EGR from the opening in my cowl hood since the problem clears up every mid October till the following summer. Right now I don't have the problem but I do have another. Any time I accelerate above half throttle to full throttle, the car sputters really bad. It sounds like I drop a few cylinders. It sounds and feels like a 5hp Briggs & Straton powered go-cart. I'm very pissed at this freakin car. I've played with fuel pressure and ran computer tests. I've done too much to even care anymore. I'm going to buy another car within a year and I'll put the stang away for a few years so I can shake off the anger I have. I've had this stang for 7 years and I used to be a proud owner. Now I'm just beaten and sick of it. My modded 81' RX7 gave me less problems. I'll never sell my stang cause I highly regreted selling my RX7. I'm going to save up and get a new block and tranny. Maybe then I'll find out what the ****** is causing this retarded problem. The four banger/turbo scene is huge here in Miami so maybe that'll be the next project though my love for American muscle will always be my #1. Any ideas on my WOT problem, please help. Also I hope that I hope stang4to8, you fixed your problem. If not, just start changing thing things starting with you fuel filter. If you have a radical cam, they do buck a little here and there at part throttle. Good luck.
Just me
Just me is offline   Reply With Quote