MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #1
orlowted
Registered Member

Question Battery/Electrical Problem

Hello - I have a serious problem and am not sure even where to begin troubleshooting...It seems that when I leave the battery connected overnight - it is dead or close by the next morning. I have had this for a while and usually just disconnect it after driving the car for the day. If I leave it connected it seems to drain over night so something is eating the charge. It is a new battery and works great when the car is in use. The alternator is working too because I can run all accessories without the battery when the car is running (lights, Etc.) My ampmeter shows about 16 when running the car and about 12-14 when it is off. The next morning it shows way low and the started just clicks when I try to start it. Other than putting in a Switch to disconnect power after I stop the car...How-where do I even begin to track this down. I have no Idea where to start. I do have a meter to use, but don't know where to begin????

Just for those of you that have read the U-Joint porblem I posted a week ago...I have the new ones on and from the first run - it seems OK. It must have been the old U-Joints that were causing the problem. I am still not satisfied with the spring though! I might put the original ones back on - still thinking about it.

TJ
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote