MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-04-2002, 02:52 AM   #1
5.0 Pony
Registered Member

Question New Intake, Brake Problem

I recently bought an 88 5.0 lx vert and have been looking to do some mods. I already have cold air induction and i want to add an intake next. The problem is which one to add? The Cobra intake, Gt-40intake, Edelbrock Performer intake or a Trick Flow Street Heat? Any experience with these. Which one gives the most bang for the buck? Also when i drive i can hear something knocking, its not like i threw a rod though. Its more like the front calipers are lose and are rattling, but i checked them and they are tight, also i can feel it in the pedal when i brake from about 60 mph + . And it only does it sometimes not all the time, but there is always a definent knock when the brakes are applied and released. What do u think new pads? Well any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
5.0 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
RPM427
Registered Member

Getting an intake will not give you any extra power with the mods you have now. It would just be a waste of money right now. With stock heads/cam and no power adder, it will only hurt your low end torque.

Your best bet and bang-for-your-buck would be gears, headers/exhuast/pulleys or any other bolt on part.

-1994 Ranger w/ 427cid windsor (daily beater)
check it out!
RPM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:01 PM   #3
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I agree. without a new set of heads or a port/polish job on the one you have, getting abigger intake won't do anything for you. Try pulleys/gears/electric fan/traction bars or go get your heads ported and polished. That alone will help you out immensly.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote