MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2002, 01:17 AM   #1
NitroStanggirl
Registered Member

Default BTW I'm New Here

I've been registered for a while, but I don't visit long enough to post. But,I might be spending more time here now and see if we can get some more traffic in this area!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Welcome to the site. I too get disucted at the lack of traffic in this area of the web site. There are tons more other areas that have lots of traffic on this site though. That is what keep me coming here. I am quess by the web site that you like to race your 70 mustang. I would like to hear more about your car.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:40 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

hey i just looked at the web site is that red 70 mustang in the pictures your's?
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:57 PM   #4
NitroStanggirl
Registered Member

Oh well that's great!

Okay. It's a 70 Fastback I bought a few years ago. When I bought it, I loved it except someone really DID not know how to build and engine. It had a 302 with an Edelbrock Torquer Manifold, Flat top pistons, an Erson Hi-Flo? cam, stock stall, C4, Stock 2.73 or less gearing, stock heads, headers, 650 carb with problems. it had WAY too much lift and not enough compression and if was degreed wrong too. Well anyways as I'm tearing it down here I found out the hard and sorry way, that it was all cosmetically put together. It has a beautiful paint job, but underneath it all it's a molested, overrodded poor wore out car. I'm redoing it the right way rebuilding the chassis and doing the shock tower work and all that. It's not really all that bad, someone did have a LITTLE respect for it, but. But it looks like a dumass 16 year old kid put it together.

Well I'm doing the motor and interior right now. The motor is going to be a 351 Cleveland with DOAE Closed Chamber 4V heads, ported, with Parker port stufferes, stainless valves, roller rockers, roller lifters, custom grind cam, Funnelweb intake, Speed Demon 750 carb, Flat top pistons... you probably don't want the details. It's goign to be about 488 FWHP. I'm eargerly building it. And let's just say I can't keep the polish on my nails any more!!! LOL if I ever had any

It's going to have a Tremec TR-3550 and that will be FUN.

Well I have a lot of work to do before racing begins. If if you ladies need anything give me a holler!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:09 AM   #5
NitroStanggirl
Registered Member

Yeah the red stang is mine. Had it before I got married!