MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-22-2001, 12:02 PM   #1
zach0
Registered Member

Question C-4 Tranny Question

My c-4 has leak and I dont know where its coming from? The transmission cooler lines show no leakage and i replaced the pan seal and sealed with ultra copper sealer just to make sure but it still leaks. The leak is coming from the right side of the tranny because thats where I can see spray on the exhaust pipe frm it burning. If I leave it in the driveway it will leak all the fluid out one drip at a time. Drip...drip...Drip..

------------------
66 Mustang Black W/ Black
289 Hi-Po 65'heads, MSD
Lunati High lift Cam
750CFM Carb Heddman Headers, Hurst Shifter
zach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 08:29 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

Have you checked where the shifter lever goes to. That is where mine is leaking. Its on the passenger side. They have an O ring seal. In order to change that the oil pan has to come out along with the valve body. Then you'll the nut holding the piece. Un srew it take it out and you'll see the O ring seal on it take it off replace and reassemble. Good luck

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 10:16 PM   #3
Gearhead999
Registered Member

Also, check the dipstick tube for leaks.
Gearhead999 is offline   Reply With Quote