MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Max Mabazza
Registered Member

Default Car Won't Start

First of all I just wanna thank everyone who helped me in my last threads. I'm that much closer to getting this baby up and running again. So the battery is now charged, but when I turn the key to start I feel the battery doing it's job, but pressing the gas does nothing at all. And as soon as i release the key, of course the battery stops going and nothing even started. Why doesn't pressing on the gas do anything??? could it be because i recently cleaned the air filter and there's no gas getting through? What do I do?
Max Mabazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Bullitt68
Registered Member

Default Re: Car Won't Start

Does the engine turn over? If not never mind the gas. Otherwise you might check/replace the fuel filter. But before that pull a plug to see if you're getting spark.
Bullitt68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Max Mabazza
Registered Member

ok for some reason last night it wouldnt start, but i tried this morning and it started! im sure its just a matter of time before the fuel filter clogs up again. do you have any suggestions on what i should do?
Max Mabazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Elvis
Registered Member

I would guess that you flooded the carb last night. That's probably why it did not start. You should not need more than 2 or 3 depressions of the gas peddle to start it when the engine is cold. I suggest you get one of those glass fuel filters that has been mentioned. I have one in mine. Then you can find out for certain if you need to do something about the gas tank. I would also suggest that you invest in a Shop Manual for your year of Mustang. Half the fun of owning a classic is working on it and having the satisfaction of improving it. Although you are starting out with limited automotive knowledge you will be amazed at how quickly you can learn when you have the right information available to you. Good luck. E.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote