View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
tfish
Registered Member

Default update

Well AJ and I just finished putting his car together..about 3 weeks ago we installed Hooker Comp headers..pretty easy to do..there were a couple of bolts that were a bit of a bear to tighten. We then installed a 2 ½ “ dual exhaust system from Flowmaster..(he won it at school)..it was a bolt together system that included “flowmaster” collectors an H pipe and 3 chamber mufflers..it was pretty easy to do..took some time to cut and fit but all the parts where there..we ended up welding it together instead of bolting it..We did have to re-route the stock power steering hose to clear the headers..On Friday AJ began to install the cam, intake, carb, (Edelbrock) and timing chain, water pump By Sunday night he had 90% of it done..I finished up the minor stuff today..it started right up once the carb filled with fuel..after the 30 min cam break in, we took it for a ride..very nice..not sure on what the horse power is ..I do know that the car is not struggling like it was with the 2V system..It sound very nice with the new exhaust and now really sounds sweet…how hard was this to do? We just took our time and read the instruction and refered back to the book when we needed…next step?..there’s a 9” rear end sitting in the garage that needs to bolted in and we are looking into what we need to do front disc brakes..

Tony and AJ
tfish is offline   Reply With Quote