MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-1999, 07:52 AM   #1
yusuf
Registered Member

Question Center console and radio questions

Hi all. Where can i get a center console? I'm talking about the one that runs between driver and passenger. I've not yet found anyone that sells them.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to install a modern 1-DIN radio in a '65 coupe? The hole in the dash is a different shape. Does anyone make an adapter?

Thanks.
yusuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-1999, 06:53 PM   #2
Fettstang
Registered Member

Try to get a used one. Larrys, the paddock or Branda sell new console parts. but will be expensive.
Perogie enterprises sells used stuff like that

------------------
1989GT,373grs, B&M 2500Stall, shft kt organic clutches and Kevlar band. Turbo mufflers.
66GT350 conv replica, 351w,C4, B&M stall, shift kit and clutches. 9" detoit locker. turbo mufflers.
Fettstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-1999, 05:13 PM   #3
red
Registered Member

Red face

I have never seen a '65 console for sale at a car show or junk yard. They are pretty hard to come by. My uncle had a beat up brown one in his garage. I cleaned it up and painted it black and it looks good. I got lucky. You can buy all the pieces for a console from California Mustang but it will cost you.

The radio hole in the dash will not accommodate a DIN type radio, only something with knobs. Crutchfield sells a tape deck for ~$100 that will fit in the dash and then you can put a CD changer in the trunk later.

-JON
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-1999, 03:08 AM   #4
Ron1
Registered Member

Yusuf, Think one of the local guys here has some available. Try Del Pro Specialties in Vancouver WA...360-892-1177. Ask for Del. Last time I was in his shop, I remember seeing 3 or 4 of them. Don't know price. I know he could ship.

Ron
Ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-1999, 09:33 PM   #5
macx
Registered Member

Yusuf

Try www.vintage-mustang.com - they've got active classifieds by year grouping, you can also post a "wanted" ad
macx is offline   Reply With Quote