MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #1
orlowted
Registered Member

Default Clutch and brake pedal removal

Hi Everyone - It's been a long time since I made a post for help which is good since the car has been doing well. 1965 Mustang coupe - 289 - 4 speed. I was driving last weekend and I pushed the clutch in and the whole clutch/brake assembly twisted to one side. There were plastic pieces all over the floor - I would guess bushings. I made it home without a tow truck and now I am trying to fix this thing. It seems that the entire mechanism slid to the left making the bolt come out of the left side making the unit slip cockeyed. I am trying to get this off and am having trouble. Any advise - I need to get the spring off the clutch pedal so I can remove the unit and replace all the necessary parts. Help???

Last edited by orlowted; 10-05-2005 at 07:44 PM..
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote