MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-04-2003, 06:52 PM   #1
orlowted
Registered Member

Question Clutch Cable

Well - It is just amazing how one thing turns into another. Forget the brakes that I started worrying about a month ago. I still am waiting on the speedometer gears so I figured I would replace the shifter with a Hurst for better performance. Well - as I started researching and thinking...I sought a transmission specalist about the noise my 4 speed was making in 3rd gear. We came up with a few ideas...Get a new trans of rebuild mine. Well now the car is out of the trans, exhaust is all over the floor, driveshaft is in a corner and I have to remove the clutch and bellhousing to replace the pilot bushing. It appears that the trans I had was from a Big Block car (390) and the input shaft was shorter on these transmissions so I need to get the correct one. I have to replace the bushing because it was damaged from the shorter shaft. So a simple shifter replacement turns into a 2 month project and Mucho Bucks!!!! But anyway - it's all part of the fun (someone slap me and tell me it's true). But that leads to my Question...When I had the car running the clutch was very difficult to use (pedal pressure) It took a lot of leg to push it in. I have heard that a cable kit works wonders for this. Any advise on this one??? I thought since the only installed piece on my car was the motor (He, He) that this would be an opportune time to think about this.

Oh yea - Still have the steering and brakes to fix after this is all done, But my Fuel Gauge works very well...Guess I know what I will be doing for Christmas.

TJ
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote