MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-05-2002, 04:47 PM   #1
Vishnoff
Registered Member

Default Clutch Problems....

It seems that once I have fixed one problem another one turns up to take its place. So this week my clutch seems to be my problem. My clutch does not engage all the way, and I have to force the car to shift. At first I thought it might be that my fluids were low so I checked them and they were fine. After a more detailed inspection I found the problem. It seems that when i shift my clutch hits part of my parking brake (the little wheel that the brake line rolls on, it under the clutch pedal), and the clutch does not engage all the way. I can force the pedal to slide over the parking brake but I am not comfortable with this idea. I was told that to fix this problem I can either slide the whole clutch pedal over so it does'nt hit the parking brake or I could adjust the free play in my clutch, making it engage sooner, so I don't have to press the peadl as far down. Does anybody know which one of these ideas is the better things to do. Or if you got any new suggestions I'm open to them.

Vishnoff is offline   Reply With Quote