MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-07-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Clutch slipping, need help

I just put a new clutch plate in my 65. It has a 250 IL-6 with a 3speed manual tranny. I can tell that when driving, like in third gear, I will be going and I will push the gas, without the clutch in, and it will just rev, then slowly build up speed. I was wondering how I can tighten it up, so it doesnt slip. I dont want to burn up my clutch. Does the adjustment thing, not sure what its called, that seems to adjust the pedal, make any difference with it? thanks for any help.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

never mind about the clutch slipping, i figured it out and fixed it. But now, I have another question. I have blue smoke coming out of my exhaust, but only when I rev it. It started a bit after I changed my oil with penzoil. I changed the oil again, this time with quaker state. Was it the oil, it still does it (smoke), but I have not ran it much with the quaker state in there. Will it stop, or is it some other thing, like the carb or something?
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #3
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

ur burning oil
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote