MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-31-2001, 06:46 AM   #1
87GNBlackDemon
Registered Member

Post help picking tranny for engine.

My old man has a 1964 mercury comet caliente with a 1969 mustang mach 1 302 in it. We want to convert the tranny to automatic with shift kit. Right now the trans is a falcon and cougar trans built as one. What will fit?

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxxmiles, k&n, valve springs, shift kit, air bags, thumbwheel chip, and much much more.
87GNBlackDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 01:28 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

Depends what you want. Any pre 69' C-4 will fit and I think even 70'+ years will fit also. Now if you'd like effeciency also why not an aod? c-4's are good if you plan on beating the car and not wanting to take on the freeway.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote