MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-02-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
orlowted
Registered Member

Default Digital Speedometer

Hello to all...I have put my car on Blocks to do winter maintenance (for 5 months) and would like to replace the original speedometer with a digital one. I can't seem to get the original one to work properly...Just bounces eratically all the time. Has anyone used a digital replacement? Where did you get it and how difficult was it to install. I would like to keep the original instrument cluster and just add a digital speedometer if possible.
TJ
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:22 AM   #2
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Usually a bouncing speedo is caused by the cable binding in its sleeve or a loose connection at one end. Have you cleaned/greased/replaced the cable already?
I thought about digital gauges, but personally prefer the analog "sweep", both for looks , and you can estimate speed etc out of the corner of your eye easier.
As far as where to get them, I know Dakota Digital makes them, but I believe that they have to be done as a full set, since its all controled by a central "brain box".

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote