MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
Sanchinka
Registered Member

Default dimensions

I'm looking for dimensions for a '65 Mustang fastback to use in a project for my CAD class. I've been looking all over the internet and through a number of books, but all that I can find are basic dimensions and what I need are specifics like, angles relative to the horizon, feature measurments and other of that sort.

I'd be very much obliged if someone could point me in the right direction, because my other option is finding a measuring tape and doing it all myself.
Sanchinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
jetfixer
Registered Member

Default Re: dimensions

I doubt that what you're looking for exists, but the best place for you to start would be by obtaining a frame chart. I have one for my 67, but it would not applt to your car. I got mine on Ebay, check there. The frame chart list every critical dimension of the body, but is basically 2 dimensional. At least if you modeled the basic unibody dimensions, you wouldn't have as much to measure out yourself.
jetfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
jetfixer
Registered Member

I doubt that what you're looking for exists, but the best place for you to start would be by obtaining a frame chart. I have one for my 67, but it would not apply to your car. I got mine on Ebay, check there. The frame chart lists every critical dimension of the body, but is basically 2 dimensional. At least if you modeled the basic unibody dimensions, you wouldn't have as much to measure out yourself.
jetfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
Sanchinka
Registered Member

I'll look into that, but it looks like I'll be spending time with 1:24 scale model and a micrometer until something else presents itself.
Sanchinka is offline   Reply With Quote