View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 02:18 AM   #8
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

My plates have been covered with ice, snow, and grime for three weeks...someone better lock me up.

20lbsBoost, seems like you were trying to "setup" a few folks with your thread. I think we would all have been better served if you had just been straight forward with everyone and simply stated "I am a cop and we are being asked to stop people with plate covers."

I suppose you are always a cop, but when on this message board, we assume that you are a Mustang driver first. Not that any of us try to skirt the law on purpose.

I will give you a perfect example, I drive 65,000 miles a year. I use a radar detector, not so I can speed, but it keeps me honest and from getting lost (it has a compass too). My point is, there may be a few who are up to no good with plate covers, but I suspect most use them because they like the way they look.

You guys have a tough job. Cops use to drive kids home to their parents if they grabbed them at a party drinking or smoking dope, now they get hauled off to jail. Why? Because of layers suing police stations. I hope that in this new world all of you can still excercise common sense judgement and focus on things that really matter the most.

You know that the number one cause of death in this country among children under the age of 12 is car accidents? Most of these kids die because of drunks, poor driving, impropper seating, and poor use of car seats. I hardly think any of them have lost their lives due to a plate cover.

Go get the bad guys.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote