MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
wunderbaum
Registered Member

Default Dynamic C4 Oil leak

Hi
Early this summer i bought a C4 comp+ from dynamic racing transmissions for my 66 falcon.

One day after installing i got a major leak. I called DRT and after some searching we found that it had to be the pump gasket.

So the tranny had to go out again. And sure enough there was a tear in the pump gasket. Two of the bolts were also in poor condition. So after replacing the gasket with a new one and re-threading some of the holes which had damaged threads it was up and running... At least for a month, now that pice of shit transmission is leaking again.. What does it take to get this to seal properly? Quite mad at DRT, i bought parts for 2800 dollars and all i got was a summer ruind by oil leaks. Asked for a new transmission, but they never returned my email. Now winter is here and i was hoping to start building a 351 stroker. But i got to spend more money on tranny repair
wunderbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Dynamic C4 Oil leak

Sorry I cant help you much since i've never delt with ford automatics. I would go back to the place you had it rebuilt at, truth be told I would never have done the first seal replacement, since that now gives them leverage in being able to say you did something wrong. Like I said I would try with the DRT again, but it might be time to go pick up a book about C4's.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
wunderbaum
Registered Member

Default Re: Dynamic C4 Oil leak

Yeah.. Problem is that i live in norway. It took about 2 months to ship the transmission here. Shipping it back is kind of stupid.

If i remember correct i was supposed to get 30 ft/pounds on the bolts. Or was that Nm.. Also they said i should use a thicker gasket. The one that was on there was about 0,75 mm thick. Is there a point to having a thicker gasket.
wunderbaum is offline   Reply With Quote