MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-17-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
daccrow86
Registered Member

Default engine questions for a 66 mustang

I have a 66 mustang with a automatic straight six. this car seems like it bogs down when you punch the gas to accelerate it seems like it has the power because once you get going after start it hauls. But it won't scrach or nothing at start could some one please tell me how to increase the get up and go without tearing to much into the engine.(of course there aint going to be much i can get out of it because it isnt a V8).
daccrow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:44 PM   #2
fordkid68
Registered Member

hello-

there are A couple of things you can do to the inline 6's with out tearing them apart. you could put A 2 barrel on it. they have adapter plates or different heads/manifold to make the change.

you could also put headers on there. clifford sells them.

when you say bogs down do you mean it seems like the rear end is bouncing. or is it the engine. cuz I had A manual six and the rear end semed like it bounced and wouldn't cherp at all. so I got performance leaf springs(stiffer ones) and the problem was solved.

well if you would like more information about hooping up that six try out fordsix.com they have alot people on those forums that know what there doing when it comes to six cyl performance.

ford kid
fordkid68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: