MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
Captainobvious
Registered Member

Exclamation HELP!! Looking for a mustang !!

Hello everyone. I am new to the message boards. I was wondering if anyone has any info on where to get a cheap 69 or 70 mustang fastback. I am looking for a mach I or a Boss (am i dreaming?) If anyone has any idea where to start looking for a solid car that i can work on for the next year or two, PLEASE let me know. Im finishing up my 76 F100, and would really like to get one of these awesome cars.
I also am very much into car audio. If anyone has any questions regarding anything audio, im your man. Thanks in advance for any help !

Steve
aka Captainobvious
Captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 01:45 PM   #2
hobgoblin351
Registered Member

Other than online, Hemmings, or one of those old car traders, you could try one of the south west salvage yards. Hey since you're already in Penn, there is always the spring Carlisle swap meet. The Ford/Mustang weekend is one of the biggest on the east coast.
Scrw in studs/comp cams rllr rkr
Mldn valves 2.19in 1.71ex
ported polished cc'd hrdnd ex
Keith Black FT pistons(10.25/1)
Weiand Excellorator manifold
Holley700 DP mech 2nds
MSD 6 box and Dis
Headers/2 1/2 inch duels
tr: modified FMX
re:9-inch/3.89 limited slip
hobgoblin351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
Captainobvious
Registered Member

Thanks alot! The Carlisle show sounds like a great idea. Any idea when the next one is ? Im sure i could dig up that info if you dont know. Another question: Is the 390 in my '76 F100 the same engine found in some early 'stangs ? Just wondering. Thanks again.

Steve aka captainobvious
Captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
hobgoblin351
Registered Member

Hey if you know the dates for the carlisle show that would be great. I haven't looked it up yet. And as far as I know the 390 is the same engine. Although a 1976 probably has smog control stuff on it, and the compression is probably lower, camshaft different, things like that. But the dimensions would be the same
Holley700 DP mech 2nds
MSD 6 box and Dis
Headers/2 1/2 inch duels
Old 02-24-2003, 06:42 AM   #5
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Question Re: HELP!! Looking for a mustang !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Captainobvious
Hello everyone. I am new to the message boards. I was wondering if anyone has any info on where to get a cheap 69 or 70 mustang fastback. I am looking for a mach I or a Boss (am i dreaming?) If anyone has any idea where to start looking for a solid car that i can work on for the next year or two, PLEASE let me know. Im finishing up my 76 F100, and would really like to get one of these awesome cars.
I also am very much into car audio. If anyone has any questions regarding anything audio, im your man. Thanks in advance for any help !

Steve
aka Captainobvious
How Cheap is Cheap and what do you expect? I get the Feelling Your are Looking for a Rolling Restoration. This Past summer I purchesed A 1966 fast Back 6 cylender 3 speed manuel engine siezed In Arizona. Nothing inside Seats Gone, Dash No Tires "to speak of", I payed $5,000.00 Most colectors will say I got one Hell Of a Deal for A Desert Kept No rust 66 Pony. Expect To Pay $9,000.00 and More for anything that runs and is Tagged Etc "Rolling Rebuild" ...New To Ponys get an 86 GT and have fun
Final Finish On this Mutt
http://groups.msn.com/LillyBethFarie...oto&PhotoID=16

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .

Last edited by Miss Mischief; 02-24-2003 at 07:34 AM..
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 04:54 PM   #6
joinrdie
Registered Member

Just be patient and you'll find what you're looking for. I looked for a couple of years before I found mine. If you want to save some dough, consider a '71-'73 stang. They are not quite as popular, so they generally cost less and, IMHO the fastbacks are better looking than earlier models. I think most people don't like them because they are "smogged out," but if you get one that doesn't run, you'll have to rebuild it anyway, so you can build it with as much power as you want.
I bought a 73 Mach about a year ago for $1k. It didn't run, but the body is about 99% straight, and I wanted to build the motor anyway. Tell everyone you know to be on the lookout for you, and take the time to go look at everything!
Those are all the tips I have. Most importantly, be patient.

http://www.mach-sr1.org
joinrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joinrdie
Just be patient and you'll find what you're looking for. I looked for a couple of years before I found mine. If you want to save some dough, consider a '71-'73 stang. They are not quite as popular, so they generally cost less and, IMHO the fastbacks are better looking than earlier models. I think most people don't like them because they are "smogged out," but if you get one that doesn't run, you'll have to rebuild it anyway, so you can build it with as much power as you want.
I bought a 73 Mach about a year ago for $1k. It didn't run, but the body is about 99% straight, and I wanted to build the motor anyway. Tell everyone you know to be on the lookout for you, and take the time to go look at everything!
Those are all the tips I have. Most importantly, be patient.
very excllent Point I waited for a Very long time for this My Only Critieria Is it had to be Built In July 1966 The fact that It was a Zona No Rusta Was a Plus

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Old 02-28-2003, 01:13 PM   #8
hobgoblin351
Registered Member

Hey Miss do they really make a Goth Barbie?! lol Or did you do that.
Holley700 DP mech 2nds
MSD 6 box and Dis
Headers/2 1/2 inch duels
Old 02-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #9
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hobgoblin351
Hey Miss do they really make a Goth Barbie?! lol Or did you do that.
No Hun
They had a web page a long time ago with Goth Barbie, Hooker Barbie, Crack Addict Barbie. I am a Network engineer so I spend all my time on the web finding these Things. I am also so Pale it isnt Funny Im American French Vietnamese so litterialy we are suposed to be Tan I am a Milk Bottle, and I dress goth.

http://groups.msn.com/LillyBethFarie...oto&PhotoID=19

Mee

Let me Know if you want me to browse for something for you i do it all day that why I have so many Posts

Old 03-01-2003, 01:08 PM   #10
hobgoblin351
Registered Member

Damn, and I was looking to buy a Crack Head Barbie! lol the things they think of. Oh and you're not all that pale! As long as you're searchin I could use the next winning lotto numbers. Then I cold afford to paint my Stang!
Holley700 DP mech 2nds
MSD 6 box and Dis
Headers/2 1/2 inch duels
Old 03-01-2003, 01:39 PM   #11
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hobgoblin351
Damn, and I was looking to buy a Crack Head Barbie! lol the things they think of. Oh and you're not all that pale! As long as you're searchin I could use the next winning lotto numbers. Then I cold afford to paint my Stang!
Send me an E-mail please if you are in NYC I have several Blugrass Horse racers That are form Jersey and form Nyc and I remeber one Has a you bring it stripped Take of all your lights and chrome etc except the Tail light you can take those off when you get to the store. Preffreble during the day he will Lift the paint off the top- the hood and The Tail End Lay Dow 3 Fresh Coats of Paint Garenteed NO runs for $400.00 and Tax