Thread: Fox VS Vintage?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 08:12 AM   #8
thdrcat
Registered Member

This is kind of funny. I recently had to decide between an 87 GT 5.0 and a 69 Mach 1 428 SCJ.

I picked the 5.0 for these reasons:

1. I am in college; therefore I have very little cash. The 5.0 is much more affordable.
2. The aftermarket IS HUGE. You have NO IDEA until you look. Hell, summit actually has a 5.0 section in their catalog.
3. Believe it or not, but I have driven both cars. I love the feel of the mach on straight-aways, but when going round a corner, nothing compares to the 5.0's little body.
4. Have you ever looked for a 1969 428 SCJ? IF you manage to find one, its either all rusted out for $4000 or good condition for $12000. I don't know what kind of old stang you would be looking for, but if it is anything too picky, your gonna drive the price up expediently.

After much thought i came to the conclusion that I could make a 46 Willys an 11 second car if I wanted to. You just need to look at the body and decide which look it right for you. As for me, I choose to trade my present truck for a 5.0, that way when I work on my vehicle, it is not a complete waste of time, yet I am also keeping my eyes very much peeled for that 428 scj.
thdrcat is offline   Reply With Quote