MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-20-1999, 09:31 PM   #1
awlsome69
Registered Member

Question Frame Repairs

I Have been told the front rails and shock towers need to be replaced on my 69 fastback. The estimates range from $1800 to $2000. Everyone I've talked to says I should think twice about having the work done. The body and motor are in excellent shape, the rusty rails are the only problem...Any help would be greatly appreciated...
awlsome69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-1999, 09:01 AM   #2
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

Man it's always good to hear from another 69 fastback but you have a serious problem.You need to step back and evaluate the car, engine sounds good but what about the rest of the body and undercarriage? This repair is extensive and it's important to have a experienced shop due this kind of work. They have to make sure the frame stays true.The people saying not to due this are being practical but we all have a love for our stangs that money just can't buy!
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-1999, 11:43 AM   #3
1970MACHI
Registered Member

sounds like a bit of work,,,but don't dispair when my wife and bought our 70 mach1 and a couple of body shops took a look at the few things i knew needed replacing they also said that i needed to rplace the front frame rails... so i contacted a reputable person that does restorations profesionally and he made the comment that the torque boxes and floor pans were in need of repalcing but the front frame rails were ok except for the last portion that went under the actual floor part that was part of the unibody,,,he said he could make them and the whole cost for everthing would be under $700.00 .... quess what i am trying to say is get another opinion from someone who does restorations or is very reputable ....
hope you can restor or at least do a resto-mod on the car imo it will be worth it .
1970MACHI is offline   Reply With Quote