View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Front end wobble with drum brakes

Quote:
Originally posted by orlowted
I also noticed that my steering has a lot of play when driving. It feels really loose - not tight like a new car.

I have power steering, but the pump is not on the car.
You have to get the play out of the steering or you'll never get it to stop wobbling completely. There are some adjustments you can make to the steering box to tighten it up a bit, give that a shot.
If you intend to continue driving minus the power steering then get a power to manual steering adapter made for that purpose, or better yet just get rid of the P/S cylinder and get manual linkage ... that will get rid of a lot of the slop. Don't forget, unlike disks, when you have drum brakes in front you have to make sure you keep them adjusted otherwise the car will be all over the road when you brake hard.
good luck !
Under Construction: 64 Falcon 372 cu in. stroker 1:72 rod ratio 6.250" rods (long rod), Comp Cams XE274 230/236 520/526 @ .050, Scorpion Rollers, Roush 200 irons, 10:1 Keith Blacks, Hedman long tubes, 750 Holley DP, Edelbrock Victor Jr., C4 3500 stall, gears and tires to be anounced.
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote