MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2000, 10:58 PM   #1
HCS junkie
Registered Member

Question Good Reference Material?

Now that my 68 is in the shop being painted, (I won't have it back for about two or three months, that's life) I find myself sitting in my garage trying to find something to do. My driveshaft looked crappy so I figured I'd clean it up a bit and paint it. I then realized I just can't remember what it should be, natural I suppose. Is there a good reference book out that documents the different components for different years and the color they should be. Thinks like hinges and latches and pullies and the like. Something by Bob Perkins maybe? I'm not looking to go for a concours resto, but if I'm doing it, might as well do it right! Thanks!!
HCS junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2000, 08:49 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

There was a book I saw at Waldenbooks ( and I think Barnes and Noble) some months back called "The Complete Mustang Restoration Guide". It is obviously intended for concours restorations but would definately have the info you need. You might try calling one of the tech hotlines at Mustangs Unlimited, NPD, or Mustangs Plus. They might even be able to tell you right over the phone. Sorry I don't have the numbers in front of me.

Stefan

------------------
66 Standard coupe
200 inline 6 - Pertronix ignition, Flamethrower Coil, K&N, Clifford Perf. 6 into 2 headers, Holley carb, three row radiator

96 GT Convertible
Splitfire plugs (they were free - don't laugh).
K&N, removed air silencer (more to come)
Next up: 3:73's and side exhaust
www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?258
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote