View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 06:11 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Band adjustment

I know how to do it on my C-4, but am totally unfamiliar with the FMX. On the C-4 anyway, the bands are adjustable externally. a sqaure head shaft protrudes form the side(s) of the transmission and is threaded with a lock nut to hold the adjustment. For the low-reverse band the shaft is threaded into the transmission untill 10 ft/lbs torque. The shaft is then backed out 3 full turns and secured in that position with the lock nut. The intermediate band is adjusted the same way except that it is backed out only 1 3/4 turns.

The bands function is to lock and unlock drums inside the transmission. The bands are actuated by servo pistons that are driven by transmission pump line pressure. These bands are only tightened during 1 st and 2 nd gear. They are unlocked in high gear. If the bands are causing slippage, it would be in 1 st or 2nd gear (maybe reverse too). I don't think band adjustment can cause slipping in 3 rd gear.

I think the C-6 has only an intermediate band and no low-reverse band. On the FMX, I don't really know.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote