MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-2001, 05:54 PM   #1
castle-twice

Post HELP....I'm thinking about selling....

Please help me fast. I am thinking about selling my mustang and i need some reasons not too. Its a 66 coupe with a 289 3-speed. I'm thinking about selling and buying a honda CBR 929. Pleas convince me not too....I'll regret it later.

Also...will the after market 302 pulleys fit on my 289??....i need something to work on to provide ford motivation....thanks guys
Old 03-04-2001, 09:33 PM   #2
MrWesson22
Registered Member

Well, here's a reason... the value of your mustang will do nothing but rise in the future, whereas the value of a cbr 929 (as bad as they are) will do nothing but drop like a rock. Let's see... you can fit more girls in a 66. You said it yourself that you'll regret it later --- you can always find another cbr later easily, but can you find another 66 later like yours?

I'm not 100% sure about the pullies, but I can say relatively confidently that yes, they will, as long as you're using the serpentine belt system. This has more to do with late model setup vs. 66 setup. You'll have to wait on someone more knowledgeable than me to get a definate answer though.

------------------
Neal

69 stang
351C/4sp
MrWesson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 10:08 PM   #3
Gearhead999
Registered Member

You will save money in the long run if you keep the Mustang and buy the cbr later. The Mustang will increase in value and be worth more, while the cbr will lower, it will be cheaper to buy the cbr later. Let it depreciate alittle, it won't take long.

Then you can have two toys !!!!!
Gearhead999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 04:00 AM   #4
yusuf
Registered Member

If you don't like your Mustang then sell it. Certainly don't keep it for investment purposes, you would be better off investing the money somewhere else, like a good mutual fund. Old cars cost money to upkeep and fill with gas, and in our case, constantly upgrade.

But,
1) Old Mustangs are cheap to make fast: a stock V8, especially a 351, plus NOS would beat most other cars on the street, and they bolt in the '66 with the right engine mounts; you would need a strong drivetrain of course.
2) If someone cuts you off or sideswipes you in your Mustang, you don't break your arms and your legs. I've been in more than one accident in a car that would have put me in the hospital had I been on a bike. Also, cars don't care that much about slipping on water or gravel, etc.
yusuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:42 PM   #5
Stefan
Registered Member

Cool

I guarantee the minute it's gone you'll want it back.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
Both are slow but easy on the eyes!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:56 PM   #6
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Just think of all the good times you've had... that's what I did when I was on the verge of getting rid of Betty. After the fire I was PISSED but she was fixed and the whole idea of selling her is gone for good!!!

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 02:23 AM   #7
castle-twice

thank you all..........i sold the 68 instead, after raping it for all the parts i need to finish my 66.