MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-2003, 01:11 AM   #1
66StangGuy
Registered Member

Default help out a friend

now i know you guys arent big chevy fans but i need a little help.

a friend of mine has a 89 iroc z28 camaro. and he is having problems getting it started after a rebuild. the reason im trying to help him out is because he is a cool guy and he has helped me with my stang in the past and always offers a hand when i need it. problem started when the battery lead cable grounded on the exhuast while driving. ever sence then it will crank but wont start.

i need to find out what the "pass key" box under the dash on this camaro does and how to bypass it to see if its the problem.

motor: lt1 corvette motor. tuned port injection.

problem: vehicles computer is not sending signal to the injectors to fire. we have looked in about 5 books and came up with nothing for the box marked "pass key". we were told that it was the built in security for that car and we think that is whats keeping the computer from firing the injectors. we replaced the computer and the ignition module today with still no luck. the odd thing is that if we ground the injectors in a pulse like motion like a points distributor the motor runs ok. but when we let the computer fire the injectors it wont start. im shure the motor is fine and everything is in order its just the injectors wont fire. is there a built in security thing that will cut the injectors off? im kinda lost on what to try next guys. anyone help me out??? thanks