MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-21-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Honda Dealership - The only place you'll find a stupid Mustang Owner. =(

Well yesterday was a fairly nice day, so I decided to leave school early with a friend and we went to David and Busters (Like a Adult Arcade kind of thing) anyway, then I left to go home and picked up some buddies and we went to a few dealerships (my friend is looking for a new car) anyway I got to take a Cavilar out for a test drive, wow that thing is weak *** man, I didn't even like the feel of the clutch but I once I got used it I was fine. The thing is so quite. lol 4 of power I guess. lol Anyway, we went to a Hyundai dealership (Tiburon), and a Pontiac dealership. Then we went to the Honda dealership (I KNOW!) but I reffused to go test drive one. But I was going to say hi to my friend and I seen a SALEEN! it was a clone I assumed but looked nice none the less so I'm looking it and I can tell obviously it's not real. So the guy comes out and it goes like this
Me : "You've done a nice job, best thing in the parking lot and I smile" (remember I'm in a Honda dealership hehe)
Him : "What do you mean?"
Me : "I mean you've done a good job, it looks good"
Him : "It came like this."
Me : "It's not a real Saleen though"
Him : "Yeh it is" and he gives me his business card which I will talk about in a sec
Me : "It's not though"
and then he tries to drive away but I walk upto his car to get one last word in
Me : "It doesn't even have a Saleen number under the front light"
Him : "It doesn't need too, it was an option"
Me : I then say "Okay" sarcasticly and shake my head
and turn to my friends and say only at a Honda dealership will you find a Mustang owner and is so stupid. Then my Honda buddy came out to further tell me it was a Saleen but I told him the obvious that the car didn't have,
The number on the bumper, didn't have the Saleen hood, didn't have Saleen breaks, didn't have any Saleen badging saying what kinda Saleen it was (Like S289 or whatever), + I believe Saleen had specials seats and gauges.
And then I look at his business card, and it says he is a autherised dealer, and it has him and his brothers name on the card, no business location or phone # just 2 cell phone numbers, and 2 hotmail email addresses. Now don't you think they'd have a business number, and maybe a real website, email address, and a store. Anyway I'm going to contact Saleen about these guys cause there giving them a bad name and I love Saleens (which I'm sure everyone does here) and I am very doubtful he is autherized dealer of them. Anyone got any suggestions what they would do in this situation? This is more of a vent. Anyway my friend says he also drives a Civic and he comes by all the time to pick up parts so I told him to tell me next time he comes by. I only wish I had my camera with me. =( Ohh... well I will find him again.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Sounds like a fake business for a fake car-
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:17 PM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

give the VIN number to Saleen. they can tell you if it is theirs.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:47 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

We should drive over and beat this guys a**! I love saleens, and I might even put some of there body kits on my car, but I would never pass it off as the real deal

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:17 PM   #5
The Fireman
Registered Member

Maybe he is just really stupid, and actually thinks it is a Saleen if he really did buy it that way.