Thread: Hot wires
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2000, 01:16 AM   #4
Mo65
Registered Member

Unhappy

Thanks guys for the response. Today I bought a new voltage regulator and replaced it. However, it persisted on doing the same thing it did previously. Opon acceleration the interior light got bright again blew them out. Hot wires, and hot alternator persists.

I also have a descrepancy with the alternator wire loom, and engine feed wiring sytem, which I suspect is causing this malfunction. My car is and original equiped 65 V8 with original equipped gauge instrument. When I purchased the new wiring system I made sure I bought the correct one to my application. According to the Wiring diagram manual, the alternator wire loom that is conected from the main firewall engine feed wire loom has additional wire that I do not have.
The diagram has the alternator wire loom with the following wires: white wire(FLD), black/red(grd),black/yellow(Bat) with the radio suupresor pig tail out let and an additional yellow/black wire that is conected and relayed from the alternator to the stater relay. On my wires I do not have the black/yellow wire that is relayed runs from the alternator to the stater relay. With out this wire there is no juice on the car. I've been running a provisional wire from the (bat) conection of the alternator to the starter relay to give me juice. In my wiring system I also have a solid yellow wire with a black protective coating that seems to be conected to the starter relay. I also have a solid black wire similar to the yellow wire, which seems to conected to the starter relay too. I've conected both to the stater relay. In my wiring diagram I have no reference to a solid black wire. I want to know if any of you guys with the same application that I have, 65 Mustang Pony int, V8 alternator with gauge instrument have the same wiring as I do? If so, what might be the trouble I that have with my electrical and wiring system descrepancies.

I am tired of these hot wires, looking at schematics that don't match, and any thing that saids "Mustang" on it.
Please help.
Mo65 is offline   Reply With Quote