MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default I can't see this being good.....

Well I got my car last night, and took it out with some frineds, I was in the car with my buddy, and 2 other friends behind me in his Cavaliar, and a Porsche 944 beside me, we were talking abit and decided we'd fool everyone and take off real slow, so we did and then I heard him hit it and then I stepped on it. Either way I had him for 1/4 but as soon as he hit 5th he got a few cars ahead of me, anyway we were flying at about 140mph and I was shitting myself cause a old car is not ment to go that fast. lol Anyway I kept up pretty good with the Porsche, we pulled into a coffee shop to discuss our little race and he asked me what I had under the hood. And a few minutes later my friend shows up. lol And we're all talking. But here is the problem, now my car makes out groaning noise when I'm slowing down under like 30-40mph. If I down shift or come to a stop it'll make a groan then it'll stop. It sounds like it's only coming from the rear right tire. Any info would be great. I took a quick look when I got home and it looked fine to me but that wasn't much of a indepth look. But let me tell you with the new carb and intake setup this baby is SWEEET! I thoguht my car's throttle response was amazing before, now it's INSAIN! lol I can't wait tell lunch and I can drive her again.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote