MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-12-2000, 09:39 AM   #1
65stanghistoryunknown
Registered Member

Question I NEED HELP

I have a 65,the data plate is gone,how does
one find the history,data plate info,andwho sold the car?The vin number is 5f07c347087.
PLEASE HELP ME,I'AM LOST?????????
65stanghistoryunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2000, 01:48 PM   #2
Jaydee
Registered Member

If the warranty plate on the drivers door jamb is missing, it will be real difficult to 100% verify all of the details on your car as it was built. This is not unusual as many doors on these cars were swapped out over the years due to accident or rust and often, the original door plates were not reinstalled or kept. This plate lists the body type, color, interior trim, build date, dso, axel type/ratio and transmission type and is the only place to my knowledge that most of this info was listed.You can buy repro door plates on the aftermarket, but I'm not sure who would be able to do the correct reversed raised stamping on the plate - most vendors I have seen sell the unstamped plates only. Your VIN# shows that the car is a 1965 Dearborn built hardtop equiped with a 289/2bbl motor, but you probably already knew that. Hope this helps
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote