MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-06-2001, 11:34 PM   #1
Streetracerer2k1
Registered Member

Post 351 Windsor and a 67 Fastback

Sup all,

I got a q, im building up a 67 Fastback for Bracket and eventually A-Gas racing and was wondering 2 things, how much power could i get out of a 351w with nice heads, cam, intake ect. without puting a blower on it, My second question is if i droped that engine in my Fastback with gutted interior and everything what kinda E/T's am i looking at, im hoping for low 12's. Any info helpfull

Steven
Streetracerer2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 04:38 AM   #2
jwboner
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I'm no expert on the subject of making the ultimate amount of power out of a na motor, but I've seen people running them in the high 10s. One guy in particular has a 69 mustang with a na 351w running high 10s and it's pretty quiet, but I don't know if he has stroked it or not, but he does but a LOT of money into his car and is more concerned with going fast than he is about having it last a long time. I would say you might be able to squeeze 750hp out of a stroked 351, but it will cost you. Nascar makes around 850-950hp out of their modded 351s.

------------------
65 fastback 347 DFI injected w/vic jr, TFS heads, MSD, cable T5 w/Hurst, 4.11 9", tc subframe conns, custom traction bars, griffen alum. radiator torq thrust D's, and a daily warrior
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 11:21 PM   #3
Idhomustang
Registered Member

Talking

This question has plagued man and machine since the evolution of drag racing, the real question is Cash? How much do you have to spend?
That was pretty much an avoidance question, reasonably, 400-500 is possible from the average joe racer. A good combo, would be buy the best flowing heads you can find, that will operate in the rpm range you want to run in and buy these bad boys. I run 185cc AFR, the best at the time. Others good choices would be trickflow -R, and the new 205cc AFR heads, a Victor Junior Intake, MSD
a Demon or Holley HP of at least 750 CFM 800-850 would be a better choice. cranks and rods,pistons all come into the picture with rpm range.
If the car has a 4 or 5 spd, a solid roller cam, with a .650 lift and 280 plus degrees of duration. This should also be matched to the Intake,and Heads.
Automatics require big stall convertors, and lots of gear, if the car is track only 4:30-4:56 will work depending on combo and track length. This will have you crossing the lights in the 6000 range, maybe higher depending on tires etc..
There really is too much to cover, without a good evaluation of what you expect? This question needs to be answered first?

Mac

------------------
393,9.5" 351W
830 Holley HP
Victor Jr.
Home made Cool Air Pan
Pro Billet MSD

Idhomustang is offline   Reply With Quote