View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 06:57 AM   #1
66mustanger
Registered Member

Question Idler Arm Help!!

I recently purchased a complete rebuild kit for my suspension and steering. Yesterday I started the assembly process. I have 2 ?'s. How do I adjust,or set, the dimensions on my upper control arm shafts, what do I measure from? My book that I have is very unclear on it! Do I center the shaft in the exact center of the arm making it even between the center of the bolt holes to the base of the arm itself? Now for ? 2, My new Idler arm came with the sleeve in it, and it wont fit onto the Idler holder that i bolted to the frame. Am I suppose to cut the sleeve off the Idler holder or take the sleeve out of the Idler arm itself? It looks as though the sleeve on the Idler holder is molded or made to it. If i cut it, it may not be a good Idea, but on the other hand, Id hate to force the sleeve out of the Idler arm. Im afraid of messing up the rubber bushings in it! Any advice Id greatly appreciate it. This nick and cranny stuff is holding me up from driving this year. Its to beautiful outside to let it sit in the garage! Oh I cant stand it! HHHHHHHEEELLLLPPP!!!
Thanks,
Larry of Mason, Ohio
Support our troops and Country!
God Bless America

Last edited by 66mustanger; 05-17-2004 at 08:15 AM..
66mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote