MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-13-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
Onerare91LX
Registered Member

Talking Post Pictures And Info About Your Cobra R Wheels!

I'm going to get real 5 lug cobra R wheels and I would like to see how they look on your cars and also list if you have anything done to the suspension! Thanks

Modifications:BBK Fenderwell CAI, Pro-Flow Chrome Bullet MAF, Accufab 65mm TB, Kirban AFPR, BBK Fuel Pressure Gauge, TrickFlow Street Heat Intake, Trick Flow 3/8 spacer, FMS 24lb Injectors, TrickFlow Valve Covers, TrickFlow Twisted Wedge Heads, FMS 1.6 RR's, 2.02/1.60 Ferrea valves, MSD Coil, FMS Plug Wires, FMS Air Pump Idler Pulley, FMS A/C Eliminator, Lentech Street Terminator Valve Body, TrickFlow Trans Pan, B&M Trans Cooler, AFM Switch Panel, FMS Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Bassani O/R X-pipe, Dynomax "Race Magnum" Cat-Back, Auto-meter Gauge Cage & Water Temp & Oil Pressure Gauges, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, FMS 4.10 Gear, FMS 5-Lug Conversion, R58 '95 Cobra R Wheels.
Onerare91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:16 PM   #2
Mike Wolking
Registered Member

I have an older picture of my car with 17x9 Ford Cobra's (silver) in users rides section. I am running MM tubular lowers and tokico 5 way illuma shocks. Also H&R race springs. I had to roll the wheel well lips slightly and it will still rub if i ride some heafty people in back. Do you know that you have to run the 5.95 offset in front and 6.45 in rear? I have the Ford Part numbers if you need them. Good luck
90 coupe, Cobra brakes, 17x9 cobras MM lowers, SVO uppers, 3.73s, BBK 1 3/4 full lengths, H pipe, flows, subframes, H&R springs, Tokico 5-ways, Pro 5.0. Subframes, K&N, Strut brace, CC plates,83K miles, New Paint.....FOR SALE!
Mike Wolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:49 PM   #3
GodStang
College Stanger

My Ford Cobra R's came in today. I guess I do not count since I am a later body style.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:21 PM   #4
Onerare91LX
Registered Member

I guess you could post the part numbers for me, but I was going to get the FRPP axle and drum kit for the rear and lincoln mark 7 rotors. I heard these parts work fine. How can I find your car in the readers rides section?

Modifications:BBK Fenderwell CAI, Pro-Flow Chrome Bullet MAF, Accufab 65mm TB, Kirban AFPR, BBK Fuel Pressure Gauge, TrickFlow Street Heat Intake, Trick Flow 3/8 spacer, FMS 24lb Injectors, TrickFlow Valve Covers, TrickFlow Twisted Wedge Heads, FMS 1.6 RR's, 2.02/1.60 Ferrea valves, MSD Coil, FMS Plug Wires, FMS Air Pump Idler Pulley, FMS A/C Eliminator, Lentech Street Terminator Valve Body, TrickFlow Trans Pan, B&M Trans Cooler, AFM Switch Panel, FMS Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Bassani O/R X-pipe, Dynomax "Race Magnum" Cat-Back, Auto-meter Gauge Cage & Water Temp & Oil Pressure Gauges, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, FMS 4.10 Gear, FMS 5-Lug Conversion, R58 '95 Cobra R Wheels.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:18 PM   #5
Mike Wolking
Registered Member

If you are going with rear drums then i don't know the offset that you will need for the rears. If you would like to run a cheep disc upgrade in the rear I recall seeing an add in MM&FF mag for rear dics conversions around $300 bucks or less. I know that front brakes are the main stopping power but adding rear discs is a huge improvement, escpecially with all the power that you are producing.

I have four wheel discs so i have to run the 6.42 offset on the rears. Anyway if you are going with silver 17x9 cobra's my part numbers are M1007R58 for the fronts(5.95) and M1007M179 for the rears (6.42). I don't know what you have found for prices but gefracing.com has the 'R58's for 179.95 a piece and houstonperformance.com has the 'M179's for 175.00 a piece. I searched for about a month and that was the cheepest I could find them.

As far as seeing pics in the user's rides section, go to user's rides and under the heading "username search" type my name in exactly how it appears and it will take you to my ride. Good luck-Mike
90 coupe, Cobra brakes, 17x9 cobras MM lowers, SVO uppers, 3.73s, BBK 1 3/4 full lengths, H pipe, flows, subframes, H&R springs, Tokico 5-ways, Pro 5.0. Subframes, K&N, Strut brace, CC plates,83K miles, New Paint.....FOR SALE!
Mike Wolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:03 AM   #6
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up 4 lugs!

Personally I think spending the extra cash converting to 5 lug is a waste, unless your doing 4 wheel disc brakes, then you might as well. You can get BBK's Cobra R's in 4 lug, and they are 99.9% identical to the "real" Cobra R's. Here is a pic of my GT with 17 inch Cobra's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plugs_car.jpg (36.4 KB, 22 views)
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:06 AM   #7
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up

Another pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001475.jpg (96.0 KB, 49 views)
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 05:22 PM   #8
chatcher
Registered Member

i used the 98 cobra wheels they work great (no rubbing anywhere) and they were cheaper also the tires are cheaper too they look pretty close to the r's for alot less and you still have oem wheels only thing is you cant use the mark 7 front rotors you will have to swap in the 94+ front brakes which in my case was only $125 more than buying the m7 rotors that still puts the total project around 2 to 3 hundrend less than the r's maybe even alittle less than that one more thing i have yet to see anyone in my area with the same wheels but the r's are on a few that run around here just my 2 cents
Old 05-15-2002, 06:20 PM   #9
jimberg
Registered Member

Summit actually carries authentic 4 lug Cobra Rs.

Chrome - FMS-M-1007-R54C $289.95 ea
Silver - FMS-M-1007-R54 $219.95 ea

I have the BBKs and they are just fine and much less expensive.

If you're going to convert to 5-lug, I'd definitely upgrade to 4 wheel discs. I'm keeping my 4-lug and getting a Baer upgrade kit.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:47 PM   #10
Onerare91LX
Registered Member

I'm doing the cheapy conversion right now. I dont have that much money for the baer kit or cobra I'm only 15 . I just want to look a little different around here.

Old 05-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #11
GodStang
College Stanger

R-58 made in japan are $175
R-50 made in USA are $149

They are the same both Ford's just made in different countries. Both REal Cobra R. If you want to do a good job then by real stuff not rip off's. Just my 2cents.