MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Delmer
Registered Member

Default inherited a 65

And the story gets less interesting after that title..

It's pretty much a basket case. will need pans if not a full floor, windows were left open for an unknown period as it set in weeds for 7 years. The stance looks good, and it has supposedly been run/driven as recently as last year. I have not tried yet.. just got it home on the trailer.

It was my father-in-law's, then my brother in law's, then my wifes, then left at her house 20 years ago when she moved out. We have it back now and the plan was to look it over and fix it up for the 16yo.

Well it seems its too far gone for me to want to mess with it, so it will be sold.

TO MY QUESTION: What are the attributes of this car that I should make sure I list in an ad to sell it? I mean, what rare features should I look to see if it has? It has A/C and split front seats, hardtop covered with vinyl i guess, 289 auto on floor and was some green before painted 25 years ago to a darker hunter green.

Sure was a fun car to drive back then.. nice sound, power, and barked second gear a good bit when commanded.

any advice is appreciated.
Delmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: inherited a 65

Thats the bummer of mustangs, they made so many that very few are rare. (kinda a "no duh" statement eh?) Coupe, fastback or convertible? Fastbacks and convertibles will bring alot more money. At least its a V8, so it has 5 lugs and the v8 suspension all around. Might be able to sell it as a good parts car to swap a I6 car over to a v8. Depending just how bad the body is, I would expect somewhere around $1000. Sheetmetal is really cheap for these cars btw, if you can do it yourself anyway...
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Delmer
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. It is a coupe. I hope it runs and drives, then at least the kids can take a ride in the neighborhood and at least experience it. If I dig into it and it's just front pans I might scab something onto it just to pass inspection and go from there.. but it will have to run for me to even think about it. I've already got a 66 malibu taken apart and on a frame dolly and it's been kickin my butt for a while. I hate the prospect of starting over with another assembled car and I have no more garage room anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65.JPG (89.7 KB, 5 views)
Delmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
bmxmon
Registered Member

Yeah, two projects can be a pita. Right now I have my 65 mustang and a 67 buick special, probably going to sell the buick so it can get fixed the way it deserves, I dont have enough money!